Use and ice cream scoop for making these uniform. This is a fun recipe to do with your kids!
- 3 medium apples, grated (it’s apple season!)
- 1 cup ground flax or hemp seeds
- 1 cup almond pulp from making nut milk (using our handy dandy nut milk bags)
- cup raw agave (use honey if you don’t have agave)
- cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- cup currants, raisins or other dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional additions: chopped walnuts, soaked/sprouted sunflower seeds
n a dry VitaMix pitcher, grind the flax or hemp seeds into meal. Put in a bowl.
Add the grated apples, almond pulp and the other ingredients and mix well with your hands or with a spoon.
Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out and place on teflex sheets or parchment paper. Dehydrateovernight or to your preferred taste. It’s quite possible to make this recipe and not have it be dehydrated – just adjust the wet/dry ingredients accordingly so it’s not ultra wet – It won’t be even if you adhere to the recipe.
Store in the refrigerator if not dehydrated. Your kids will love this. Have them add whatever they want and nix the ingredients that they don’t like.
HINT: make these into bars if you don’t want to scoop them into ball shapes. This also works as a yummy breakfast cereal!