This is Day 1 of the next phase of our lil juice fasting experience. Yesterday, August 10th was day 10. We did (what turned out to be) the usual 16-20 ounce green juice in the morning, 24-32 ounce green juice at lunch time, a 16 ounce juice around 4:30 but what we did for dinner time was a small juice consisting of 1 big bunch of kale, 1 beet with greens, and 3 green apples. We drank a smaller 12 ounce juice each and all the while had kelp noodles soaking in lemon juice to soften them, I spiral sliced 1 zucchini to make zucchini pasta and I made a light local tomato marinara sauce.
After we let the juice rest for a short while, we made a small plate of zucchini and kelp noodle pasta with a couple dollops of the marinara sauce. Matt served the portions and I asked him to. I was too hungry to serve myself a proper portion. (Sometimes my eyes can get the better of me.) He used dessert plates and served out our dinner. We all sat at the dinner table and ate. There were a couple times I had to take little breaks and breathe because it tasted so delicious and I felt so hungry for it, that I could picture myself devouring it.
It was the perfect amount and it filled us up super well. I didn’t think that was going to be possible. I thought I was going to want seconds and thirds. My stomach was very satisfied. It was nice to chew food, too! I had wondered what we were actually going to break the fast with. I was thinking fruit first or possibly a simple soup. But I was drawn to the kelp noodles.
We talked how we were going to phase out of the fast and how we were going to continue on. All during the fast there was the desire to continue on. I like starting new life habits for a period of 21 days because it’s said that it takes 21 days to create a new habit. So for these next 11 days, we’re going to do green juices in the morning, a nice green smoothie in the afternoon and then a raw dinner. We’ll adjust if we need to as we also want to start more exercising to this program.
So this is Day 1 of the next phase of this endeavor. Wish us luck! I went to bed last night thinking it’s kind of fun to plan your life in 10 day increments!
I wanted to write on this blog the best yet savory green juice that Matt made up. Growing up in CA, he really has a knack for working with various hot peppers. This is what he and I came up with. I put the veggies that I wanted to juice and he worked out the proportions:
10 day juice fast gratefuls:
- I’m grateful to have released 11-12 lbs during our juice fast
- I’m grateful to feel SO awesome in my body
- I’m grateful to have so much inflammation gone from my body
- I’m grateful for the clarity of mind and the increased energy to do other things
- I’m grateful for the decluttering and organizing that seeemed to just happen during these 10 days. Even yesterday, instead of getting on the computer in the morning, I tacked the 2 big piles on my desk and filed away some and recycled way much more. I even paid some bills that were there.
- I’m grateful for all the shifts going on in my life, in my heart and in my mind. That’s the biggest part.
- I’m grateful for my body and for this experience.
- I’m grateful for my kids who did a great job to make themselves green smoothies and put together their meals so that I didn’t have to do too much of that.
- I’m just plain grateful. 🙂 <3 <3 <3