Hello Fiddle Heads People!
I’ve lost track of how many weeks we’ve been open now. I went away for 2 weeks recently to do a kind of spiritual retreat where we learned a LOT and did a lot of good healing work. It’s been very powerful for me – so much so that it took me a good week plus to feel like I could manage in day-to-day stuff again. It was 2 weeks on core shamanism, but that’s a post for another day.
So let me tell you some haps at the cafe for this week and beyond:
Hours for this week and next
Tuesday – Friday: 10 am until 6 pm
Saturday: noon until 4 (unless you see the open sign out – if you see the open sign/flag, then come on in!)
Menu Items for this week and next:
• Chocolate green smoothie. Green sprouts in the smoothie but you can’t taste them. Drink your greens!
• Hella Good Shake: this really is a hella good shake! Greens and chia and nut milk. It’s sweet and tasty!
• Pink Smoothie – the 2nd top hit for smoothies this week
• Get Your Greens Juice
• Hot Cacao with coconut milk
• Hot Teas
• Pear and Ginger Cheezecake by the slice with a dreamy raw chocolate walnut crust (tastes like fudge!)
• Chocolate & Superfood Truffles
• Raw Chocolate Fudge
• Kefir Soda
• RAWsome Wrap Sandwiches – choice of filling: RAWvarti Cheeze, Sunflower Seed Cheeze, NOT Tuna or Sunshine Salad
• Sprouted Grain Chili with Macadamia Nut Sour “Creme” – the spices will warm you from the inside out.
• The Dipsters – Crackers with your choice of dip: NOT Tuna, Sunshine Salad, Sunflower Seed Cheeze or RAWvarti Cheeze
• Linda’s Witches Brew – When I’m there at the cafe and you feel daring, let me concoct a smoothie for you. Trust me, no toads will be added to the smoothie! (unless they are vegan!)
• UN Pizza. I’m in the mood to make some raw pizza so it will be on the menu for next week.
|ALERT! We are adding all our cafe products online so you can order them “to go” – give us a lunch order or a bulk order and we’ll fill it for you. Let us know the approximate time that you will be picking it up and we’ll have it ready for you.
Just in time for the RAWlidays:
We have gifts from Dryad Design, incense, soaps, lotions from Sea Chi and Pacifica, gorgeous handbags by Offhand Designs, essential oil perfumes, candles, books and more
• Dryad Design – a local wood carver and artist, Paul Borda, turns his gorgeous creations into statuary, placques, jewelry and more
• Pacifica Perfume – my absolute favorite for essential oil lotions, soaps, perfumes and candles. I fell in love with them immediately and if you’ve ever tried these lotions or perfumes, you’ll know how incredible they are. My favorites are Tibetan Mountain Retreat Body Butter, Tahitian Gardenia Body Butter and Waikiki Pikake Body Butter (and I love/have the essential oil perfumes, soaps and candles, too!)
• Vermont Fiddle Heads t-shirts – made from organic cotton and low impact dyes, these shirts look hella cool and feel even better.
• Reusable Tea Kit – let us put together a gift for you of some of our favorite teas and two of our Reusable Hemp Tea bags. We have it all together in little boxes that make perfect little gifts for folks at work or home.
• Sea Chi – the only lotion I use on my face. It feels like silk and you can eat the ingredients (but your skin eats them instead.) Many people comment on my skin and I thank them profusely. I think my diet plays a key role but I also think this Sea Chi helps a great deal, too. It has kombucha in it.
• Offhand Designs Bags – My friend introduced me to this wonderful company. I love the bags and I have several to choose from. They will be posted online soon. For now, check them out here.
|Everything that I sell are items that I personally use and love. That’s my whole “shtick”. We pride ourselves on being a “green” business (which means biodegradable/compostable packaging, among other things) and for selling local and “extended” local items! Come in and see/feel the fun colors and feel of the place. We are getting lots of compliments and thanks from many for being here in Worcester. Thank you!
What else is new?
• HERBS, GLORIOUS HERBS! Medicinal and Culinary Herbs are now available in bulk. We have chinese herbs, medicinal herbs, culinary herbs, herbs for making incenses. They will get posted online soon, we are having fun just getting them into the jars and labeling them at the moment. Stop in to see the colors and gather some for your home apothecary.
Bulk herbs – OH I’M IN HEAVEN!
Still on! A few of my paintings are still up for the entire month of Decemeber at the Shoe Horn. These are hand dyed silks. Here is one that I did below: it is 4 feet by 6 feet.
You can check my Facebook page
for more pictures. I have to take some good close ups. There are many other silks to look at. Some I hand sewed glass beads on and some I didn’t. A lot of the silks are based on some medieval paintings that have inspired me.
|NEED A NUT MILK BAG? Get your wholesale/retail nut milk bags here. Check out our hemp and nylon filtering bags. GREAT NEWS! We now have 100% compostable bags to package our bags in! As you know, it is our mission to be a sustainable company and that’s not just for our business sales, but for our business practices, meaning our packaging and shipping materials. MORE GREAT NEWS! We now have OVAL shaped bags in both nylon and hemp! YIPPEEEE!!!!
|http://www.vt-fiddle.com/rawfood/how_to_make_nut_milk.php – at the top of the page, you’ll see links to do various things with your nut milk bag and VitaMix. Recipes included! YAY!
Thank you for your RAWsome time and energy! Please contact me for information or other raw goodies (both bulk and prepared.)
In joy and in health,
Vermont Fiddle Heads
18 Worcester Village Road
Worcester, VT 05682
Please check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Worcester-VT/Vermont-Fiddle-Heads/63781489465?ref=nf – Become a fan and check out photos, events and notes. MM-kay?
P.S. Keep checking back on the shop. Adding products as we speak! http://vt-fiddle.com/shop/
P.P.S. Need some bulk food items? Or great reading/educational material? Hella awesome skincare products? We’ve got: Healing Cancer from the Inside Out DVD, Pacifica Perfume Products, Candles and Lotions, WiseWays Herbals, Sea Chi skincare, The China Study book, Joel Fuhrman books and audio, heavy duty dehydrators, new products by Health Force Nutritionals, really raw oats, raw nori sheets, chia seeds, turkish mulberries, dandy blend (a dandelion coffee substitute), wasabi powder, kelp noodles, dandelion leek miso by south river, garlic red pepper miso by south river, Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe, Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie, Sun Warrior Biofermented Rice Protein powder (in natural and chocolate flavors), marine phytoplankton, lucuma powder, yacon slices, really raw cashews, artisana coconut butter and goji berries. Please contact me if you are interested in getting any of these items.
With everything we sell, items can be picked up or I can mail them to you.