I’m writing this quickly as I have an appt here soon. But I wanted to write a lil pep talk for me as much as anyone else that may read this.
We were inspired to do a 10 day juice fast after watching the excellent and most inspiring movie called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. They certainly made doing a 60 day juice fast look very easy. We are only doing 10 days and I’ve done fasts before with varying degrees of ease or difficulty. The thing that I have to say that was of most importance when doing a fast is the intention behind it. That way you can keep your eyes on the prize, so to speak, particularly if/when the going gets rough.
So I’ve got my intention. I’ll write about it later. I’m going to begin here with a juice and I just want to say that I love love love my morning green smoothie so switching to a green juice is just different for me. I did it a bit last week and it wasn’t bad at all.
- drink 4-6 juices a day that are around 16 oz each.
- MAKE SURE to drink all your colors.
- Vary greens and get in all the colors each day for fruit and veggies.
- Something I heard a long time ago stuck with me: fruits are the cleansers and greens are the healers so eat them both often and vary them for good health.
- If at any time there is a desire for crunching, then eat a juicy crunchy apple but mostly that won’t happen on such a short term fast.
OK, now let’s begin!