day 4 – sept 4th
well today was a rather nondescript sort of day. nothing too spectacular to write about. well, that’s not entirely true actually.
breakfast was 2 bananas and a mango, 1/2 liter of water and went off to yoga class. We did a lot with our hips today and a lot on gratitude. I had walked so much yesterday that I was grateful for the yoga class. At some point, my hips got very tired with the poses and started to stiffen up – just the opposite of yoga! We stretched so much that my hips actually felt TIRED. The last time my hips felt worked like this was when I was doing physical therapy recently after some spasms occurred last May. My hips and legs just gave in by the time the class let out (well, not really but they felt spent.) I recalled having a deep relaxation experience during one of the poses and it sort of startled me. I typically feel invigorated from yoga and today I felt relaxation. It was good!
I went home, cleaned up, then made some food for the kiddos and then went to work.
lunch was a 32 oz smoothie that was tasty and went down all too quickly. I was rather slow moving all day after yoga. I’m usually got the yoga bliss mood going on after class, and am happy to report that I had it today too. Today though it was more a sense of exhaling: I’ve been able to really really relax. The past week or two, I’ve been so grateful for a deep sense of calming down within my body. I haven’t relaxed in probably 17 years. I was very grateful for it although I have to be honest and say that I got a little nervous to relax. (Isn’t that crazy?!) Then I talked myself out of that nonsense realizing it’s the very thing I need to be doing more of. Still, it is a bad habit so I have to be mindful of this.
I had another liter of water and got some work done. It wasn’t a busy day at the cafe today and I was also grateful for that since it was gray outside (the first gray day in a long time) and my energy was that of a slow moving mammal. My legs were still mildly cramping up here and there – what they really wanted to do was rest. I’m on my feet a lot during the day and I was trying to be efficient with my movements but that didn’t really work because I’d drop something or forget something as I was headed upstairs. I sorted out some chocolates from the other day and ate a bit. Really! It’s just a habit! I didn’t have any awareness – I just put the chocolate in my mouth. Amazing! (It was yummy though!) I made this without agave or honey – used lucuma and coconut nectar. So it wasn’t super sweet. I also added a pinch of salt so that tasted nice, too. Flavors are definitely enhanced these past couple of days.
Dinner was the same as last night. I was very hungry when I got home and ate a big serving of greens with kelp noodles and kim chi.
A couple hours later the kids and I made a pudding of banana, strawberries, avocado and ripe peaches. It was very damn tasty. I had more water a bit later and here I am now. I realize that technically I should eat the fruit first. I’m just not in the habit of eating the dessert first. Maybe I can work on that this week.
1) Even though my muscles are tired, I’m feeling stronger. This is major for me. I’m using muscles and they are letting me do it. *knock on wood* that this continues.
2) My body is relaxing and I think my adrenals are calming down. They’ve been maxed out for such a long time. I really hope I can get back to homeostasis. Well, actually, I’m sure I can.
3) The poops when eating a variety of fruit are great! Same for when eating only raw foods, to be honest. Fruits are the cleansers. I wondered today why people say, “oh, I couldn’t eat fruit – it would go right through me.” I thought, “well, what’s wrong with that? it might take a whole bunch of garbage along with it?” LOL
4) I’ll have to do a day on fitday.com so I can see the nutritional intake. It’s way more food that I’m used to eating. I feel good though.Still, I’m very curious.
5) This is way way way WAY easier than doing a juice fast.
Good night and sweet dreams,