Serves a lot! 🙂
This is so awesome to share with you. My sister-in-law this past week decided to try green smoothies so I’ve been having fun emailing her tips about green smoothies! She’s made a green smoothie for my dad once and now her mom has asked for the recipe. I told her she’s turning into the green smoothie goddess at her work! Her brother sent her a bottle ofVitaMineral green (Way to go John!) and she asked for what I do with it in the morning. So I’ll share it with you as well:
- 1 banana per person (but even if all 4 of us are having the smoothie, I don’t go over 3 bananas – it’s not necessary – 2 is really more than adequate)
- 1 cup frozen mango (or 1 fresh mango. Or 1 cup frozen blueberries or cherries or fresh peaches – anything – pineapple – it’s all good)
- 1 heaping Tbsp VitaMineral Green
- 1 rounded tsp bee pollen
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs (love that morning buzz, what can I say)
- 4-5 cups water
- 1-2 tsp raw agave (if the kids are having a smoothie with us)
VitaMixand serve. I like this less thick so that’s why I add all the water. You can adjust the water to your taste.
Sometimes I’ll add things like coconut butter or cacao butter but only occasionally. Of course I just made Mint Chocolate Chip milk shakes (all raw vegan) this friday and used the VitaMineral Green. So it’s pretty versatile. I also add it to raw pies – it’s makes the lovely green color that we associate with these treats.
TIP: you can also add a tsp or so to the green smoothie you are already making – it just adds more greens and probiotics to the mix. I feel like I’m giving the kids their vitamins with this stuff so it’s all good to me. You don’t have to add the bee pollen and the cacao nibs either. These are all suggestions.
I don’t do coffee anymore. This is my morning brew now. I put it in a big coffee mug and sip and enjoy it. (I LOVE IT) This fills me up until about 2pm. (So it has turned into the bagel and coffee that used to sit in my gut for hours when I lived in NJ!)
Of course I sell the cacao nibs, powder and the bee pollen as well. From really great raw sources. Please call me or email me if you’d like to have some for yourself.