hello good people!
Has it really been since the 31st that I last wrote? Wow! Time flies when you are having fun! We are continuing to be busy which is great. We had a really good discussion after the documentary: Healing Cancer from the Inside Out, Part 1 last week. We’ll see Part 2 in March (see below for info) and hopefully we’ll show this again as it is very important to watch. For me, watching this film is pretty right on the money as far as what we saw with my mom’s “treatment” of cancer. Another woman was there who is still trying to work on her immune system and healing her organs from having chemotherapy. Her story was powerful to listen to as were others. It’s a shame that there are so many people who have direct or close experience with the sufferings of cancer and its treatments — it’s sooo hard to watch someone go through that and I’m sure it’s hard to go through it. I’m so grateful to be able to show these documentaries and to hear the stories that get shared. One woman called me today to say that since watching the Simply Raw documentary in Essex Junction that her life is changing for the better! She’s researching and eating raw food and is already seeing changes in her body as well as reducing her medication! HIP HOORAY! This is soooooooooo wonderful to receive calls like this. I’m happy to take them and grateful when you show up AND do the work yourself. That is great and I’m happy to help in whatever ways I can.
OH Vermont Fiddle Heads is finally on Facebook! Be a fan and check out photos, events and notes. MM-kay?
I have to include some more recent feedback. This one cracks me up and I love it and this woman so much: “I am dying for more of your Goddess Butter, and [store unnamed] is out! (Maybe I should try [store unnamed]? Do they have any? I’ll have to call and ask!) They don’t have any more chick-un salad, either. 🙁 I’ve been eating the Goddess Butter spread (thickly!) in a banana sliced lengthwise. I am now addicted to Goddess bananas! I have to ration myself – and even then a jar only lasts about 4 days! 😀 and then went to say: I LOVE your kim chi! I never had it before. The stuff they sell at [store unnamed] looks – shall we say, “uninviting”? But your looks and tastes yummy! (pink – my favorite color!)” – YAYYYYY!! I am telling you I love the feedback so much. Keep it coming please. It inspires me to do more.
So with all this good and powerful news, let’s move on to the calendar, shall we?
RAW FOOD HAPS THIS WEEK AND BEYOND
• Guess what tomorrow is? Valentine’s day, right, but also something else... Remember that song: “When the moon is in the 7th house and jupiter aligns with Mars…” Remember? Well apparently, astrologically speaking, tomorrow morning at DAWN is the day! So get up and set your intentions for peace and love and other fun hippie stuff! 😀 RIGHT ON! (NO need for drugs on raw food though, so put that pipe down, patchouli boy, and pick up a green smoothie instead!)
• Raw food deliveries will be made to Hunger Mountain Coop, Sweet Clover Market and Healthy Living this coming Thursday. So get your VT Fiddle Head raw food goodies while the gettin’ is good.
Here’s what someone has recently said about some of my raw food (they stocked up on it for a trip they were taking): “Just had one of your hazelnut spice cookies for my afternoon snack! had to bring some and the fudge down! I SHOULD be sharing but not sure I’ll be able to! …we’ll see! Thanks for making such fab desserts!” You’re welcome and Thank you! And don’t worry about sharing – you’re on vacation! hahaha
• Different varieties of my raw food has been a part of the local food order since January. This is a local group so if you are in the Montpelier area and are interested in local food, herbal remedies and crafts, please check with Montpelier Commonshare to be a part of this wonderful group. I’m having fun with some MYSTERY BOXES! Yes, i do mystery boxes – didn’t you know? I LOVE them. Ask me how to get a box for yourself!
• Tuesday, February 17th from 6:30 – 7:30 – BERRY & NUT BREAKFAST BARS – I’ve been working on the recipe all week and the bars are GOOOOOOOOOD! Healthy raw breakfast bars that make wonderful hearty breakfast or snack treat! Join Linda Wooliever for an hour of fun with raw food talking and eating! Fee for the the class is $10 for members and $12 for non-members. Please contact Robin or Krystal to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tuesday, March 10th from 5:30 – 7:30 – Healing Cancer From Inside Out, Part Two. This is part two of an award-winning two-hour film (part one shown previously). Part 2, Healing Cancer, shows how cancer can be successfully healed with dietary treatments and natural supplementation. It explains common misconceptions about cancer, shows how diets designed to fight cancer are more successful than conventional treatments, discusses startling cancer research findings with T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) and has interviews with people who have reversed cancers using diet. It also discusses supplementation and why attitude is important in reversing not only cancer, but any disease.We’ll have some raw treats to eat while we watch this important film. Please pre-register with Krystal or Robin at email@example.com or call them at 802-223-8004 x 204. Cost is $5 for members and $7 for non-members. There will be raw food treats to eat while we watch the documentary.
• Fiddle Heads House Kim Chi is available and is delicious – made with local & organic: cabbages, turnips, shallots, leeks, carrots, radishes, garlic, fresh ginger and lots of love. This is hella good kim chi and it’s pretty too – it’s pink! (which is why it is the house blend) Comes in quart sizes and larger. $9.00/quart. Please contact me if you are interested in getting some. I’m also taking orders for Dill and Caraway Sauerkraut. This takes a month to make but worth the wait!
Here’s what someone has recently said about my kim chi: “Just so you know, I have been trying the different kim-chi month by month and by far prefer yours, so I am already ordering some! And yes, it is pretty – that is red cabbage, yes? As opposed to beets?” Thank you! And no, no beets were harmed in the making of this kim chi! hahaha (see the other great feedback on the kim chi ABOVE!) go on, read it again. It’ll make you smile like it does me! 🙂
• gRAWnola available and delicious – made with all organic ingredients: apples, hazelnuts, sprouted buckwheat, soaked pumpkin seeds, dates, cranberries, dry coconut, agave, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon juice, and Celtic sea salt. Can purchase in 8 oz and 1 lb bags. Please contact me if you are interested in getting some.
• our downloadable recipe book: over 70 smoothie, juices and soup recipes:
http://vt-fiddle.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=52 – I’ve already started another in the series. Be on the look out for the breakfast recipes e-book!
• NEW IN STOCK: Fruits of the Earth superfood powder, Maca Force Vanilla Spice, really raw oats, raw nori sheets, chia seeds, turkish mulberries, dandy blend, wasabi powder, kelp noodles, dandelion leek miso by south river, garlic red pepper miso by south river, Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe, Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie, Sun Warrior Biofermented Rice Protein powder (in natural and chocolate flavors), marine phytoplankton, lucuma powder, yacon slices, really raw cashews, artisana coconut butter and tibetan goji berries. Please contact me if you are interested in getting any of these items. With everything we sell, items can be picked up or I can mail them to you. ALSO IN STOCK: Vitamix pitcher replacements. If you have an old vitamix blender, you might want to consider a new plastic pitcher to replace the one that was made with bpa plastic – it also comes with a new lid that stays on so your hand doesn’t have to rest on top when you blend.
INTERESTING THINGS TO READ
• http://www.naturalnews.com/025560.html – an article entitled: Early Mammograms May Trigger Genetic Breast Cancer
• http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?_r=1&emc=eta1 – Pat sent me this article: Babies Know — A Little Dirt is Good for You
• http://www.naturalnews.com/025568.html – article on medicinal mushrooms
• http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/health/chi-mercury-corn-syrupjan27,0,2801323.story – and in case you missed it – mercury found in high fructose corn syrup.
• http://www.timesargus.com/article/20090213/NEWS/902120283 – and this one is great. Look what makes the news here in Montpelier. I love it!
AND NOW FOR THAT RECIPE
My Green Smoothie Dinner Tonight
this is what I had for dinner two nights ago. I used what I had and that is GOOD! Use what you have and what works for you. I wasn’t really in the mood for anything so I thought a filling smoothie would be great. And it was!
1 head of romaine
1/2 cup hazelnut milk
Blend until thick and creamy, and drink. I shared this with my son who smacked his lips and said YUM! The kids like the creamy green drinks.
Enjoy your week! Stay warm and healthy! Happy Valentine’s Day!
in joy and in health,
Vermont Fiddle Heads
18 Worcester Village Road
Worcester, VT 05682
P.S. Keep checking back on the shop. Adding products as we speak! Bulk nuts are now posted! http://vt-fiddle.com/shop/
P.P.S. Need some bulk food items? Well, send me an email or check out what I have on my products page! NEW IN STOCK: really raw oats, raw nori sheets, chia seeds, turkish mulberries, dandy blend (a dandelion coffee substitute), wasabi powder, kelp noodles, dandelion leek miso by south river, garlic red pepper miso by south river, Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe, Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie, Sun Warrior Biofermented Rice Protein powder (in natural and chocolate flavors), marine phytoplankton, lucuma powder, yacon slices, really raw cashews, artisana coconut butter and goji berries. Please contact me if you are interested in getting any of these items. With everything we sell, items can be picked up or I can mail them to you.