I’m writing after the back-to-back documentaries that I had last night and tonight. They were very fun and I certainly never tire of watching these things with new people. On Monday we saw Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes and tonight we saw Super Charge Me. Both very different films and yet have very similar messages about raw food. Next month we’ll be showing Healing Cancer part 1 and part 2 will be in March. I also want to show some other favorites of mine like Super Size Me and Who Killed the Electric Car but the latter might have to be here in Worcester. We’ll see…
Anyway, I just really wanted to post my gratitude to Sweet Clover Market and Hunger Mountain for allowing me to do these documentary and food workshops. The feedback is so very positive and the discussions are very, very good.
I’ll repost the haps that are still in effect and I also wanted to include this recipe that I’ve been eating and enjoying. I’ve been playing around with these kelp noodles ever since I got them and I made a recipe that I really L.O.V.E. I didn’t make it tonight only because I had marinara sauce leftover from the workshop and ate that but I’ll be looking forward to making this again in the near future!
RAW FOOD HAPS THIS WEEK AND BEYOND
• Fiddle Heads House Kim Chi is available and is delicious – made with local & organic: cabbages, turnips, shallots, leeks, carrots, radishes, garlic, fresh ginger and lots of love. This is hella good kim chi and it’s pretty too – it’s pink! (which is why it is the house blend) Comes in quart sizes and larger. $9.00/quart. Please contact me if you are interested in getting some. I’m also taking orders for Dill and Caraway Sauerkraut. This takes a month to make but worth the wait!
• gRAWnola available and delicious – made with all organic ingredients: apples, hazelnuts, sprouted buckwheat, soaked pumpkin seeds, dates, cranberries, dry coconut, agave, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon juice, and Celtic sea salt. Can purchase in 8 oz and 1 lb bags. Please contact me if you are interested in getting some.
• our downloadable recipe book: over 70 smoothie, juices and soup recipes:
http://vt-fiddle.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=52 – I’ve already started another in the series. Be on the look out for the breakfast recipes e-book!
• NEW IN STOCK: really raw oats, raw nori sheets, chia seeds, turkish mulberries, dandy blend, wasabi powder, kelp noodles, dandelion leek miso by south river, garlic red pepper miso by south river, Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe, Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie, Sun Warrior Biofermented Rice Protein powder (in natural and chocolate flavors), marine phytoplankton, lucuma powder, yacon slices, really raw cashews, artisana coconut butter and tibetan goji berries. Please contact me if you are interested in getting any of these items. With everything we sell, items can be picked up or I can mail them to you. ALSO IN STOCK: Vitamix pitcher replacements. If you have an old vitamix blender, you might want to consider a new plastic pitcher to replace the one that was made with bpa plastic – it also comes with a new lid that stays on so your hand doesn’t have to rest on top when you blend.
• Tuesday, January 20th at 6:30 pm, we have scheduled a Cheeze Pierogies workshop at Hunger Mountain Coop in Montpelier. Please sign up in the store or with Krystal or Robin at 223-8004 x202 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.