Raw Cacao Butter
All chocolate is made from the cacao (cocoa) bean, and cacao beans in their natural, unprocessed, unadulterated state are rich in nutrients and beneficial to health.
Why Unprocessed Chocolate is Good for You
Antioxidants: Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea. Health benefits of these antioxidants include:
- Promote cardiovascular health – Help dilate bloods vessels, reduce blood clotting, improve circulation, help regulate heartbeat and blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol, and reduce the risk of stroke and heart attacks
- Protect from environmental and metabolic toxins – Help repair and resist damage caused by free radicals, and may reduce risk of certain cancers.
Neurotransmitters: By increasing the levels of specific neurotransmitters in our brains, cacao promotes positive outlook, facilitates rejuvenation and simply helps us feel good.
- Serotonin – Cacao raises the level of serotonin in the brain; thus acts as an anti-depressant, helps reduce PMS systems, and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Endorphins – Cacao stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the
About this Product
Our Cacao Butter from Ecuador is derived from the Arriba family of cacao beans from Ecuador and contains 43% fat content per serving. This mild butter contains a smooth chocolate flavor, less oxidation and more nutritional benefits than many other cacao butters on the market.
- Provides a great smooth chocolate flavor.
- Cacao contains: Antioxidants, because of its high polyphenol content. Theobromine, a weak but effective stimulant; Phenylethylamine (PEA), a chemical found to inspire happiness, clear mindedness, focus, and wakefulness.
- Cacao also contains substances that are chemically and pharmacologically related to the brain lipids, Anandamide. The word ‘anandamide’ is derived from ananda, Sanskrit for ‘bliss’. These N-acylethanolamines in cacao target the endogenous cannabinoid system of the brain, slightly mimicking the psychotropic effects caused by plant-derived cannabinoid drugs either directly (by activating cannabinoid receptors) or indirectly (by increasing anandamide levels in the brain).
- Prop 65 Notice: WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Serving Size: 1 tbsp
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.