What information is Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC gathering about its visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. earthlink.net) and an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC website, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to them, as follows:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you.
- Your IP address.
- The web page from which you linked to us.
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0).
- The operating system that you are running (e.g. Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or MSN).
The purpose of this information is actually two-fold. One, Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. By analyzing these and other visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browsers help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being set. If you choose no to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information does Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC request?
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third party without your consent.
Will Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC disclose the information collected to third parties?
Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC will not sell, distribute or make accessible your email address or any other personal information except when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC, or visitors of Vermont Fiddle Heads, LLC.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties. Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.