Well, I’ve modified this recipe that I found off the goneraw website again! If you haven’t gone to that site, you should – lots of good recipes. Of course I have to change every recipe that I get…
- 1 cup really raw, unpasteurized almond butter or 1 cup really raw cashew butter
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw agave or 2-3 T yacon syrup
- 3 T sesame oil 3 T Nama Shoyu or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 inches ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic pinch of cayenne
Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy – adjust the water until it’s the consistency you like it. If you make it alone as a dressing, thin it out more. If you are adding to the salad below, the water from the veggies will thin it out so keep it somewhat thicker.
- 2-3 medium carrots, sliced in spiral slicer or mandolin
- 1/2 of a small purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 daikon radish, sliced in spiral slicer or mandolin
- 5 green onions, chopped or substitute for 1 small yellow onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced in spiral slicer or mandolin
- portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped raw jungle peanuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bok Choy, chopped
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and pour some of the dressing on top (put as much or as little as feels right to you.) Mix and enjoy!
When using the spiral slicer or the mandolin, you’ll really make a gorgeous salad. The longest part of this recipe is the washing and chopping of the veggies but it’s worth it!