An oldie but a goodie. This is a great, fresh and juicy recipe perfect for summer.
• 1/2 c sun dried tomatoes, soaked for 1 hour or more
• 2 soft dates (medjool dates are the softest, remove the pit)
• 2 cloves garlic (Use 1 clove if making for kids)
• 2 c tomato, chopped
• 1 1/2 T dried oregano
• 1 t celtic sea salt (a good pinch will do)
• 1/3 c olive oil
• good handful of fresh basil
Process in a food processor until smooth.
• 2 medium size zucchini
Cut the zucchini in half or thirds (depending on length of zucchini) and spiral slice into angel hair pasta. Toss in bowl and set aside.
Keep the zucchini separate from the marinara sauce until you serve. The zucchini is very watery and will water down the marinara sauce if you put the two together. So serve the zucchini pasta in a bowl by itself and serve the marinara in a bowl by itself. Then simply add zucchini pasta on a plate and add a good dollop of marinara sauce on top. Eat and enjoy!
This recipe is great with 1/2 avocado sliced on top or some fresh olives. YUM! This is super fast to make and it is so enjoyable to eat – it bursts with flavor and juiciness!