Made a lovely smoothie today. Was in the mood for goji berries today which is wild because I'm hardly ever in the mood for goji berries. goji berries • 3/4 cup strawberries • 1 heaping cup clover sprouts • 2 Tbsp raw tahini • filtered water • Raw agave • warrior protein powder Blend in the VitaMix until smooth. Pour in your favorite glasses and enjoy.
http://www.vt-fiddle.com/rawfood/fiddle_heads_cafe.php our cafe Fiddle Heads Cafe! We are finally open! If you'd like to place an order, please call it in at 802-223-2111 or email us here. Thank you! Our Specials this week are: ++++++++++++ Good EFAs Milky Shake - $5.75/ 16 ounce banana, coconut milk, sprouts, chia seeds, water, agave ++++++++++++ Pink Smoothie (Calcium Rich) - $5.75/ 16 ounce banana, strawberries or raspberries, sprouts, lemon juice, raw tahini, raw agave, filtered water ++++++++++++ Chocolate Smoothie (Calcium/Magnesium Rich) - $5.75/ 16 ounce banana, blackberries, sprouts, vanilla, raw tahini, raw cacao powder, raw agave, water ++++++++++++ Green Smoothie (Calcium, Potassium, EFAs) - $5.75/ 16 ounce banana, berries, green sprouts, VitaMineral Green, chia seeds, raw agave, water ++++++++++++ My Favorite Juice 12. oz. 16 oz. $5.75 $6.75 carrots, apple, ginger, green leafies, lemon ++++++++++++ Get Your Brain On Juice 12. oz. 16 oz. $6.255 $7.255 carrots, apples, Brain On E3 Live shot ++++++++++++ HEAVENLY Layered Cake - $4.00/ slice walnuts, raw cacao powder, cashews, almond butter, coconut oil, agave, avocados, vanilla, orange oil, filtered water ++++++++++++ The Dipsters - $6.00/ plate - all organic! Choice of Dipsters: Italian Garden Cheeze and Cheddary Cheeze. Ginger Crackers will be what you use to do the dippin’! ginger crackers: flax seeds, bragg’s liquid aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder ++++++++++++ RAWsome Wrap - $7.00/ 2 wraps - all organic! Pick your potion: Italian Garden Cheeze or Cheddary Cheeze. The wrap is kale or collard leaves. The filling: dollop of your choice of salad or cheeze, house kim chi, carrots, sprouts, dulse and some of the best black olives ever. ++++++++++++ Ingredients of the Cheezes Italian Garden Cheeze: sundried tomatoes, red bell pepper, carrot, cashews, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, agave, sea salt, italian seasoning. Cheddary Cheeze: raw cashews, red bell pepper, lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast, raw tahini, garlic, onion, sea salt YIPPEE!! Our hours are: Tuesday - Friday from 10 am until 6 pm Saturday from noon until 4 pm Come in for:
- juices - made with many local ingredients and always organic
- smoothies - made with many local ingredients and always organic
- elixirs and herbal products - both local and extended local
- hot teas, cacao & coffee
- cacao (raw chocolate) - big selection of raw chocolate products
- lunch (weekly specials)
- bulk foods (nuts, seeds & way more) -
- both local and extended local
- bulk herbs (medicinal, chinese, ayurvedic, culinary)
- prepared foods to go
- house special fermented foods (kim chi, sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir soda)
- artsy-fartsy stuff - both local and extended local
- soaps, lotions, oils - both local and extended local
- candles - both local and extended local
- essential oils
- jewelry made by Worcester's own Dryad Design, Paul Borda!
- household products
- and lots lots more
Hello Fiddle Heads People! Happy RAWlidays to you! This is a crazy time of year but a fun time of year. We've had lots of snow here and it's been C-O-L-D the last couple of days. I've got my layers on and I'm making lots of good food to keep our tummies full and our bodies healthy. I wish you could each come out to our cafe so's I could make you some good food. I also have more products in. My FAVORITE things - YIPPEE! I have local soaps, lotions and massage oils from Honey Bee Farms in Morrisville VT. I also have more Sea Chi skin care products. They are from Matt's hometown so they are extended local! :-) I have the most amazing meditation cards ever from 2 beautiful peeps. They are called Cloud Dancing Cards. I have BEAUTIFUL, fair trade, palm wax, aromatherapy Chakra candles that are flying off the shelves and I have Sandra Lory's Mandala Botanicals - her elixirs are so glorious - I felt they were made just for me... More new things below... Hours of operation Tuesday - Friday: 10 am until 6 pm Saturday: noon until 4 (unless you see the open sign out - if you see the open sign/flag, then come on in!) NOTE: Next week we will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We'll re-open the week of January 4th at our regularly posted hours. (Although you might see an open sign up next week. Call first to be sure.) HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO! Now for the specials: http://www.vt-fiddle.com/rawfood/fiddle_heads_cafe.php
Still have time for the RAWlidays:
Along with the new products mentioned above, we have gifts from Dryad Design, incense, soaps, lotions from Sea Chi and Pacifica, gorgeous handbags by Offhand Designs, essential oil perfumes, candles, books and more
• Dryad Design - a local wood carver and artist, Paul Borda, turns his gorgeous creations into statuary, placques, jewelry and more
• Pacifica Perfume - my absolute favorite for essential oil lotions, soaps, perfumes and candles. I fell in love with them immediately and if you've ever tried these lotions or perfumes, you'll know how incredible they are. My favorites are Tibetan Mountain Retreat Body Butter, Tahitian Gardenia Body Butter and Waikiki Pikake Body Butter (and I love/have the essential oil perfumes, soaps and candles, too!)
• Vermont Fiddle Heads t-shirts - made from organic cotton and low impact dyes, these shirts look hella cool and feel even better.
• Reusable Tea Kit - let us put together a gift for you of some of our favorite teas and two of our Reusable Hemp Tea bags. We have it all together in little boxes that make perfect little gifts for folks at work or home.
• Sea Chi - the only lotion I use on my face. It feels like silk and you can eat the ingredients (but your skin eats them instead.) Many people comment on my skin and I thank them profusely. I think my diet plays a key role but I also think this Sea Chi helps a great deal, too. It has kombucha in it.
• Offhand Designs Bags - My friend introduced me to this wonderful company. I love the bags and I have several to choose from.
What else is new?
• HERBS, GLORIOUS HERBS! Medicinal and Culinary Herbs are now available in bulk. We have chinese herbs, ayurvedic herbs, medicinal herbs, culinary herbs, herbs for making incenses. They will get posted online soon, we are having fun just getting them into the jars and labeling them at the moment. Stop in to see the colors and gather some for your home apothecary.
Thank you for your RAWsome time and energy! Please contact me for information or other raw goodies (both bulk and prepared.)
In joy and in health,
Vermont Fiddle Heads
18 Worcester Village Road
Worcester, VT 05682
Please check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Worcester-VT/Vermont-Fiddle-Heads/63781489465?ref=nf - Become a fan and check out photos, events and notes. MM-kay?
P.S. Keep checking back on the shop. Adding products as we speak! http://vt-fiddle.com/shop/
P.P.S. Need some bulk food items? Or great reading/educational material? Hella awesome skincare products? We've got: Healing Cancer from the Inside Out DVD, Pacifica Perfume Products, Candles and Lotions, WiseWays Herbals, Sea Chi skincare, The China Study book, Joel Fuhrman books and audio, heavy duty dehydrators, new products by Health Force Nutritionals, really raw oats, raw nori sheets, chia seeds, turkish mulberries, dandy blend (a dandelion coffee substitute), wasabi powder, kelp noodles, dandelion leek miso by south river, garlic red pepper miso by south river, Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe, Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie, Sun Warrior Biofermented Rice Protein powder (in natural and chocolate flavors), marine phytoplankton, lucuma powder, yacon slices, really raw cashews, artisana coconut butter and goji berries. Please contact me if you are interested in getting any of these items.
With everything we sell, items can be picked up or I can mail them to you.
This is my UN-Pizza! My Original Recipe! The crust is dehydrated but everything else is fresh. My motto is to keep the water in the food as much as possible... Hydrating food makes for the best eats!Menu Items for this week and next: Drinks:
- Good EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) Milky Shake
- Pink Smoothie (Calcium Rich and full of sprouts)
- Chocolate Smoothie (Calcium/Magnesium Rich and yes, full of green sprouts!)
- Green Smoothie (Calcium, Potassium, EFAs - green nutrition!)
- My Favorite Juice
- Drink Your Facial Juice
- HEAVENLY Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Kefir Soda
- Hot Cacao
- Hot Teas
- The Dipsters: 2 choices of NOT Tuna, Sunshine Salad, Sunflower Seed Cheeze or RAWvarti Cheeze. Ginger Crackers will be what you use to do the dippin’! ginger crackers: flax seeds, bragg’s liquid aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder
- RAWsome Wrap: Pick your potion: NOT Tuna, Sunshine Salad, Sunflower Seed Cheeze or RAWvarti Cheeze. The wrap is kale or collard leaves. The filling: dollop of your choice of salad or cheeze, house kim chi, carrots, sprouts, dulse and some of the best black olives ever.
- UN Pizza - wheat and dairy free! crust: sprouted buckwheat, flax, ground ginger, italian seasoning, garlic, mild chili powder, sea salt, lemon juice. Sunflower Cheeze. raw pizza sauce: sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, mild chili powder, agave, sea salt, italian seasoning, cayenne. marinated veggies: onions, mushrooms, red peppers, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, agave, Bragg’s liquid aminos, italian seasoning, cumin, sea salt and garlic.
another picture of the UN-Pizza and oh! I made the plate, too! :-)Have you seen the inside of our cafe/store yet? Well, here it is!
The inside of our cafe. For more photos, check out our Facebook page here!
|ALERT! We are adding all our cafe products online so you can order them "to go" - give us a lunch order or a bulk order and we'll fill it for you. Let us know the approximate time that you will be picking it up and we'll have it ready for you. For now, call us or email us if you'd like to place a lunch order...|
|Everything that I sell are items that I personally use and love. That's my whole "shtick". We pride ourselves on being a "green" business (which means biodegradable/compostable packaging, among other things) and for selling local and "extended" local items! Come in and see/feel the fun colors and feel of the place. We are getting lots of compliments and thanks from many for being here in Worcester. Thank you!|
Bulk herbs - OH I'M IN HEAVEN!
Still on! A few of my paintings are still up for the entire month of Decemeber at the Shoe Horn. These are hand dyed silks. Here is one that I did below: it is 4 feet by 6 feet.
You can check my Facebook page for more pictures. I have to take some good close ups. There are many other silks to look at. Some I hand sewed glass beads on and some I didn't. A lot of the silks are based on some medieval paintings that have inspired me.
|NEED A NUT MILK BAG? Get your wholesale/retail nut milk bags here. Check out our hemp and nylon filtering bags. GREAT NEWS! We now have 100% compostable bags to package our bags in! As you know, it is our mission to be a sustainable company and that's not just for our business sales, but for our business practices, meaning our packaging and shipping materials. MORE GREAT NEWS! We now have OVAL shaped bags in both nylon and hemp! YIPPEEEE!!!!|
|NEED SOME HOW-TO's?||http://www.vt-fiddle.com/rawfood/how_to_make_nut_milk.php - at the top of the page, you'll see links to do various things with your nut milk bag and VitaMix. Recipes included! YAY!|
Pat came by when I was making a smoothie for the kids (afternoon snack and my lunch) She's really good with the camera and took some nice pictures. I'm putting lovely kale into the pitcher along with some bananas and frozen blueberries. our eco-friendly packaging! 8-) So green it's almost black! YUM! Love this kind of green smoothie. Here's the recipe: 3 very ripe bananas 10 oz frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cups fresh kale 2 Tbsp chia seeds 1 handful whole cashews 2 rounded tsp Spirulina 2 rounded tsp VitaMineral Green fresh water drizzle of agave (optional) Blend in the VitaMix until smooth. This very large recipe makes almost a full pitcher in the VitaMix and serves 4. My kids, husband and I had this in the afternoon. It was delicious!
This is SO delicious, I can't even stand it. I take sprouted grain tortillas and fill them with salady stuff (lettuce, carrots, etc.) and this recipe. It's so delicious. I don't even like the regular A-1 sauce but this raw stuff RAWks! :-) the steak part * 6 - 8 oz portobello mushrooms, washed and sliced * 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced * 1/4 cup olive oil * 1/4 cup lemon juice * 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu * 1/4 cup agave * 1 tsp garlic powder * 1 tsp Italian seasoning * 1/2 tsp cumin * pinch of Himalayan salt Put all ingredients except the mushrooms and onions in a blender and blend until smooth. Slice the mushrooms and onions, place into a shallow bowl and pour marinade over. Cover and let sit for a couple hours. You can also leave in the fridge overnight. Optional additions: cut up brocooli, red pepper, green onion, ginger RAWking A-1 sauce * 5 dates, pitted * 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes * 1/2 apple * 1/4 cup agave * 2 cloves garlic * 1 T blackstrap molasses * 1/4 tsp horseradish, powdered or minced * 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt * 1 pinch ground cloves * 1/2 tsp rosemary * 1/3 cup olive oil * 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar * 1 lemon, juiced Blend all the ingredients in your blender and serve as dollop on the steak if desired. Optional serving suggestions: Server over cauliflower “rice.” Simply process cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles a “cous-cous” like appearance and serve. Another option is to serve these magnificent mushroom steaks on a bed of lettuce with a bit of the A-1 sauce as a dressing. Enjoy!