3 big juices today
trying something new... again
I had an excellent Sunday. I'm very grateful to be able to slow down on my days off now. Before it was difficult - always felt guilty or pressure to do something, finish something, clean something, produce something. Today I moved my body, cleaned up my desk, did some bills and then did some painting. I also set out today to change just a bit in the way I'm eating.
I love all the food I eat, I just don't necessarily like the order in which I eat it. Let me explain. When I feel my best, I'm drinking the majority of my meals: I'd have a green juice in the morning, a green smoothie in the afternoon and then a big salad with some cooked veggies for dinner. The dinners end up feeling the heaviest and I go to bed feeling very weighed down. For a long time I've wanted to make my biggest meal be in the afternoon but wasn't sure how to accomplish that exactly. Too many variables with work and what about social events?
I came to a realization just a few days ago that there's no need to wait anymore. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so it's time to just do it.
The morning green juice was delicious and I shared it with my family:
I then did almost 10 miles on the stationary bike and did a few hand weights. I felt hungry though, so it was time to have lunch. I had:
some of the cottage pie that I made in class on Saturday
some of the cooked sweet potato that I had made a couple days ago
sprouted sunflower seeds
a tiny bit of miso dressing
The kids looked at me and said, "Wow! You are hungry?" I told them that I wanted to switch dinner time with lunch time and see how it felt.
I went through some items and organized/cleared off my desk. Paid some bills. Dinner time came and I made a big green smoothie:
rice protein powder
sprouted sunflower seeds
It was pretty darn thick. It tasted good but was too heavily citrusy for me. I drank about 3/4 of it and felt very very full but not heavily full. It's 10:30 pm and I still feel quite good.
I'm going to adjust QTYs and continue on seeing how this works. I'll be interested to see how this works while traveling as well as working. Wish me luck!
this week's Q & A on cancer
afternoon and evening juices - day two continued
- 1 big bunch of local curly kale (from the garden)
- 1 red bell pepper (because I had it)
- 2 stalks of celery (because I had it)
- 4-6 peaches
- 2 oranges
- 1 big huge bunch of kale from the garden
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 stalks celery
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 small cuke
- 1 lb local baby lettuce mix
- 1 small bunch local mint
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 ripe mangos
- 1 small cuke
- 1 red bell pepper (because it was the last one)
day two morning
I'm looking forward to getting my produce delivery today. I'm getting kiwi and black cherries and pears and a whole bunch of fruits. It will be yummy to have them. When I was in the shower yesterday, I thought about CHERRIES and decided to order a whole bunch of fruit I don't eat a lot of. It's been nice to juice oranges and peaches. I'm glad my juicer will do the pulpier fruits. These things keep me looking forward to juicing and it also helps me to drink all my colors. OK, I'm about to do a bit of exercising. And then off to the cafe. oh p.s. I'm 4 lbs lighter today. YAY!
evening juices day one
- 1 bunch local kale
- 4 green apples
- 1/2 big cuke
Tuesday Update on the ol' hip
weak muscles, pain/inflammation and what I'm doing about it right now
this week's specials are up! come in and enjoy some good eats
- juices - made with many local ingredients and always organic
- smoothies - made with many local ingredients and always organic
- elixirs and herbal products - both local and extended local
- hot teas, cacao & coffee
- cacao (raw chocolate) - big selection of raw chocolate products
- lunch (weekly specials)
- bulk foods (nuts, seeds & way more) -
- both local and extended local
- bulk herbs (medicinal, chinese, ayurvedic, culinary)
- prepared foods to go
- house special fermented foods (kim chi, sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir soda)
- artsy-fartsy stuff - both local and extended local
- soaps, lotions, oils - both local and extended local
- candles - both local and extended local
- essential oils
- jewelry made by Worcester's own Dryad Design, Paul Borda!
- household products
- and lots lots more