- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-2 medium parsnips (peeled and minced in food processor to equal 1 cup)
- 4 sun dried tomato halves, soaked for 2-4 hrs
- 3 Tbsp. of the sun dried tomato soak liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1) Rinse the onion and garlic by submerging in filtered water, swishing and draining them. 2) Next place the onion and garlic on a teflex sheet and dehydrate for 4 hrs. to soften and sweeten the vegetables and help to evaporate much of the volatile mustard oils. 3) Next, mix the dehydrated veggies with the parsnip “rice”, add sun dried tomatoes and soak water, chili powder, cumin and sea salt. Stir this mixture until well combined. Adjust seasonings to taste. 4) Let this mixture marinate for approximately 4-6 hours in the fridge for the flavors to marry. 5) Warm for 20-30 minutes in a dehydrator set at 115ºF until warm.
LINDA'S NOTE: I just threw everything in the food processor, blended it and ate it. Very tasty and much less complicated but go for the directions if you want. I ate this by itself and also with Alissa's Spicy Refried Beans.