Date Nut Torte
Fudgy, creamy and sweet! And 4 ingredients! Can't beat that. I bring this with me when I’m visiting someone I’d like to introduce to raw food. People can’t believe it’s raw! And it’s one of the quickest and easiest desserts to make.
Base of Tort:
* 2 cups raisins
* 2 cups walnuts
1. In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. (This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgy mixture and are not still grainy)
2. Remove from processor and mold onto a plate in a round circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
* 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. In a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
2. Spread the frosting on top of the torte.
Note: I like this served at room temperature as the frosting and torte are still sticky, but if you want a firmer texture that will be easier to slice, refrigerate it for a few hours.