Day 8 and I guess day 7!

Well I woke up around 6:30 this morning and couldn't really get back to sleep until I did a meditation tape and then started to drift off. How funny is that! My energy level this morning on day 8 has been a bit low when compared to energy level all week thus far. It's the time before my cycle when it gets that way anyway and this morning I just felt draggy. I've been laying pretty low today and I had to cancel a fun date in town that I'm bummed about. I took some Adapt to Change tincture which has licorice root in it. I thought that might help with whatever is going on. It is helping and yet my body is still telling me to take it slow today. So I'm listening despite a brain that says, "do this! do that!" We're on our 2nd juice today. Matt has made them so far today and he's made really really big juices today. I also had 1/2 liter of water so far and also drank some young coconut water with a splash of coconut kefir water in it for the electrolytes and probiotics. This morning's juice: a big bunch of Pat's lettuce, 3 carrots, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit, 1 apple. This made 20-24 ounces of juice this morning for both of us. YUM! This afternoon's juice: 1 bunch of kale, 2 beets with greens, 3 carrots, 2 pears, 1 apple and a container of strawberries. This made a whopping 32 ounces of juice for each of us. It's pretty delicious too. Yesterday (Day 7) I felt really great. Loads of energy and a happy happy spirit. I still get hungry around meal time. I've gotten rid of 10 lbs and a boatload of inflammation so far. That's great news for me. I spent the day around the house and outside. We walked to a lil book sale in town here that supports a local charity. We did a little family thing where we picked names out of a hat and we are doing something nice for that person: could be doing a chore for them, write them a nice letter, make something special for them or whatever comes to mind/heart. We're continuing that until we have our own names picked out of the hat so we can do something nice for ourselves too. Yesterday was a chore day as well and straightened up the house some while Matt worked on his new truck. A nice Sunday for sure. That's the recap. I'm going to finish this incredibly large juice here and maybe do some painting if my body is up for the fun. Also have to jar up some kim chee I made last week. Oh, here's the juices from yesterday:
this morning's juice: Bunch of Pat's lettuce, handful of Pat's string beans, 3 stalks of celery, 2 carrots, 3 of Pat’s apples, 2 oranges and a grapefruit. *burp* (it's actually quite good!)
afternoon juice was VERY refreshing: 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, 1/2 bag pea shoots, 1 bunch collards, 4 kiwi, 1 orange, 1 apple. YUM! Made 2 16 ounce juices
evening juice: so many bunches of lettuce from Pat's garden, 1/2 bunch parsley 1/2 small watermelon, quart strawberries and 1 apple. YUM. this made 2 30 ounce juices
later evening juice: a whole bunch more of Pat's greens, 4 of Pat's carrots, 2 cloves garlic, 1 oz or so of pea shoots and 4 tomatoes. A savory juice that felt great to drink but taste-wise wasn't as good as the rest. I added some habenaro tumeric hot sauce dabs and a drizzle of coconut aminos to make it more palatable for me. Next time I wish I had some celery and a cuke.
Hoping you are all well and happy. xoxo, Linda
Back to blog